- More than half of all the riders said they would give up their television rather than their motorcycle.
- The highest percentage of respondents, 35%, said they own at least one Harley and spent an average of $20,600 for the bike and $2,250 more on accessories. 30% rode a Honda.
- Seven in ten of bikers say they ride at least once a week; nearly half say they ride several times each week.
- Why do men ride? Although "To get away from my spouse/significant other" wasn't a choice, maybe it should have been. Of the reasons available to choose, 'riding is more fun' came in first, with 'the feeling of freedom' in second.
- One in five bikers belong to a biker club and those are predominantly the self-professed 'hard core bikers' (Red River Riders group IS a club, right? See hard core bikers, above.)
- Thankfully, about 50% of men bikers will never have to make the dreaded spouse versus bike choice as that many have spouses who either ride with them or ride their own bike.
We female bikers are now waiting for a study of our own that will determine what WE think about these matters. Ladies of RRBMW Club, discuss amongst yourselves to prepare for a proper response.